This course covers Atmospheric Thermodynamics and Radiation.
Climate Sciences and climate modeling and IPCC reports will be discussed here
Tropical Meteorology and climatology will be covered in this course
Physical and Dynamic Oceanography is covered under this paper.
Part of the Atmospheric Dynamics-II and Advanced Dynamics paper dealing with Waves and Instability
LIDARS, SODARS, Wind Profiler, radio-acoustic sounding systems (RASS), Microwave radiometer. Aerosol measurements. Disdrometer.
The course covers fundamental aspects of earth's atmospheric boundary layer. The learning objectives are:
Atmospheric Boundary Layer (ABL) from rest of the troposphere.
• Understand diurnal evolution and structure of the ABL.
• Identify important characteristics of the ABL.
• Learn internal boundary layer formation due to heterogeneous
• Get familiar with surface energy balance.
• Understand turbulent transport of energy and mass in the
• Become familiar with conservation equations in the boundary
layer and closure problem
• Understand turbulent kinetic energy and its budget in the
• Understand Ekman layer
• Have general understanding on atmospheric turbulence
• Learn about turbulence spectra in the atmospheric boundary
• Learn about micrometeorological measurements
Savitribai Phule Pune University