Physical and Dynamic Oceanography is covered under this paper.
Part of the Atmospheric Dynamics-II and Advanced Dynamics paper dealing with Waves and Instability
LIDARS, SODARS, Wind Profiler, radio-acoustic sounding systems (RASS), Microwave radiometer. Aerosol measurements. Disdrometer.
The course covers fundamental aspects of earth's atmospheric boundary layer. The learning objectives are:
Atmospheric Boundary Layer (ABL) from rest of the troposphere.
• Understand diurnal evolution and structure of the ABL.
• Identify important characteristics of the ABL.
• Learn internal boundary layer formation due to heterogeneous
• Get familiar with surface energy balance.
• Understand turbulent transport of energy and mass in the
• Become familiar with conservation equations in the boundary
layer and closure problem
• Understand turbulent kinetic energy and its budget in the
• Understand Ekman layer
• Have general understanding on atmospheric turbulence
• Learn about turbulence spectra in the atmospheric boundary
• Learn about micrometeorological measurements
Savitribai Phule Pune University