THIS COURSES IS ABOUT MICROBIAL FERMENTATION TECHNOLOGY
This course includes
5)Molecular Magnetism theory
Pericyclic Reactions and Photochemistry
This course includes Bonding and structure: Classification of Solids, various types of crystals structures based on radius ratio rules, Lattice energy and ionic crystals. Experimental method of X-ray diffraction, structure factor Lattices ( real and reciprocal lattices)
Imperfections and related phenomenon: Defects in solids: non stoichiometry, point defects and line defects. Optical and properties of materials: Absorption processes, photoconductivity, photoelectric and photovoltaic effect and numericals. Thermal Properties : Specific heat of solid, Dulong and Petit’s law, Einstein model Debye model and numericals.
BC-471: GENETIC ENGINEERING
1. Genetic engineering concepts: early development in genetics, concept of gene cloning
and its importance.
2. Manipulation of DNA: Enzymes in genetic engineering, Restriction endonucleases,
restriction map, Ligase, polymerase modifying enzymes, ligation; putting sticky ends to
blunt ended molecules.
3. Cloning vectors: Vectors for E. coli: Plasmids, M 13 bacteriophage vectors, λ
bacteriophage, Cosmid. Eukaryotic cloning vectors: Cloning vectors for yeast, other
fungi, YAC, cloning vectors for higher plants, Ti plasmid, Ri plasmid, plant viruses for
cloning, cloning vectors for insects, viruses as cloning vectors for mammals.
4. Introduction of DNA in living cells: Transformation, identification of recombinants,
introduction of phage DNA into bacterial cells (transfection), identification of
5. Expression of foreign gene: gene expression in E coli, production of recombinant
proteins in Eukaryotes, fungi, yeast, mammalian and insect cells systems.
6. Selection of recombinant DNA clones: construction of genomic and c DNA library,
colony and plaque hybridization probing, Southern blotting,
7. Sequencing genes and genomes: chain termination using ddNTPs, pyrosequencing,
shotgun and clone contig approaches, chromosome walking, and genetic maps.
8. Characterization of recombinant gene: studying RNA transcript of a gene S1 nuclease
mapping, studying regulation of gene expression, foot printing using DNase 1, reporter
Overiew of forensic analysis, destructive and non-destructive analysis. Analysis of different evidences viz. Blood, hair, fingerprinting, DNA analysis, drugs, arson residue, explosives, fibers etc. received from crime place.
Inorganic Polymers (polysiloxane, polyphosphazines, polysiloxanes), and its characterization viz. methods for determining of average molecular masses, crystallinity, viscoelastic behaviour, clusters and its types (carbonyls and halides).
CHO 230, Synthetic Organic Chemistry & Spectroscopy
This course is typically design for MSc 4th semester Physical Chemistry and analutical Chemistry students . Following topics will covered in the course
- Origin of electrode potential, Basic electrochemical cell, EMF ,
- Thermodynamics of electrochemical reaction,
- Kinetics of Electrochemical reaction,
- Butler volmmer equation and Tafel equation, ( Full derivation)
- ideal solution non-ideal solutions, activity, activity coefficient and mean activity coefficient
- Debye Huckel Limiting law and Debye Huckel extended law ( Full serivation)
- Electroanalytical techniques, Elecrochemical power sources, Dabye Huckel theory
- Electroanalytical techniques: Chronoamperometry, Cyclic Voltammetry,
- Modern Electrochemistry ( all three volumes) Bockris and Reddy
- Electrochemical Methods 2nd Edition, Bard and Faulkner