An informed and responsible awareness of the governance will help in evolving responsible and empowered citizens. The knowledge of the various bodies and workings of the arms of Indian Government is vital for strong civic sense of national stakeholders in sovereignty.
Population Genetics & Transmission Genetics
Portal created for putting all the exam papers under one section
Semester End Exam - B.Sc. Blended Dec 2020
This paper aims at introducing the various dimensions covering the relationship between women and development. Their role and participation in various developmental processes at international and national level as well as how the above impacted women in turn are to be studied. Women empowerment needs to be studied over various dimensions viz., social, economic and political. Thus, analyzing the status of women according to the indicators of women’s empowerment and the plans and policies introduced for women in India is pertinent to the subject. The process of globalization has impacted the Indian women with reference to their employment, health and education. Especially the lives of rural and tribal women come under the ambit of environmental degradation due to macro-economic policies.
The objectives of this elective paper are:
· To discuss the global initiatives and UN safeguards introduced for women’s empowerment.
· To discuss the major policies and programmes for the empowerment of women in India.
· To assess how the development process affects women and men in different ways.
· To explain the role of media and education in women’s empowerment.
This course will focus on developing the basics of counseling. It will include the study of human behaviour at different stages and major life changes. It will examine strategies for positive behaviour management and emotional management. The qualities of a counselor, techniques of counselling and a basic orientation to major therapies will be studied. The target groups, types of counseling and the main issues to be counseled will be taught. The course will also introduce an ethical approach to counseling. This course will be useful for self-development and a healthy regulation for emotional well-being and management. It will also be useful for those interested in the applied branches of psychology and an inclination to community help.
Change of basis and linear transformations 1
Definition of eigenvectors and eigenvalues 1
Calculating eigenvalues and eigenvectors 1
Diagonalization of matrices; matrix powers 1Orthogonal matrices, real symmetric matrices
Temperature and the Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics.
Transport, conduction, conductivity, diffusion in gases.
The two-state paramagnet and the Einstein model of a solid; quantum
deviations from classical equipartition. Partition function. Interacting
systems, large systems, Stirling’s approximation
Heat engines, Carnot Cycle, Otto Cycle, Stirling Cycle.
The Breakdown of Classical Physics
Matter Waves and Quantum Interpretation
Quantum Mechanics in One Dimension
Expectation Values, Observables and Operators
Quantum Mechanics in 3-dimensions
Hydrogen atom, hydrogenic ions, helium atom
Hydrogen molecule ion, hydrogen molecule
Course Description: An informed and responsible awareness of the governance will help in evolving responsible and empowered citizens. The knowledge of the various bodies and workings of the arms of Indian Government is vital for strong civic sense of national stakeholders in sovereignty.
i)To create an informed understanding of the need for governance systems along with their core principles
ii)To get a systemic knowledge of the Indian constitution and the Indian Democracy
iii) To understand the Indian Electoral procedureiv) To develop a critical viewpoint to understand and assess the Indian democratic experience
The paper has the following objectives
· Develop the ability and confidence to communicate well orally
· Acquaint students with the various stages of a good presentation & delivery skills
· Encourage to become good listeners with active participation
· Managing challenging audiences.
1. Presentation Types and Forms
· Theme based presentations
· Purpose based presentations- informative/ persuasive/ demonstrative/ entertaining.
· Form based presentation- Collage making.
2. News Presentation:
· Understanding facts, focusing on gestures, controlled pace and pitch
· Topic and Illustration Based Presentation
• Picture and non-verbal presentation
3. Presentation on an Article
· Presentation on an article for a magazine on trending issues
· Presentation based on illustration: Poster presentation
4. Presentation- Applications
· Presentation: based on the current reading material
- ePortfolio: developing a self-presentation
Following are the broad aims of the paper-
• To acquaint the students to some of the fundamental concepts propounded by modern Indian thinkers.
• To apprise the students with a brief biographical timeline of the personalities under discussion.
• To bring forward the intellectual, spiritual and philosophical link between the thought and consecutive action or outcome which brought forth the transition modern India experienced in the early twentieth century.
• To bring the focus upon the pioneer women thinkers and reformers of the modern period.Modules:
1. Rise of ‘Colonial Modernity’
• Introduction to Indian renaissance movement
• Characteristics of modern Indian thought.
• Raja Rammohun Roy- Father of the Indian renaissance.
2. Vivekananda & Tagore
• Swami Vivekanand- Concept of Will andUniversal Religion.
• Rabindranath Tagore- Humanism and Thoughts on Education.
3. Ambedkar and Savarkar
• Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar- Neo-Buddhism, Social Justice; views on social democracy & Hinduism
• Vinayak Savarkar- Hindutva, Hindu Nationalism, social change & social reforms.
4. Tarabai Shinde and PanditaRamabai
• Tarabai Shinde- StreePurushTulna
• PanditaRamabaiSaraswati- reform thoughts on position of women.
The English Works of Raja Rammohun Roy. The Panini Office
Builders of Modern India: Raja Rammohun Roy by Saumyendranath Tagore.
The Life and Letters of Raja Rammohun Roy by S.D. Collet
The Complete Works of The Swami Vivekananda, Part V & Vol. VIII Mayavati Memorial Edition.
A Study of Religion by Swami Vivekananda
My Reminiscences by Rabindranath Tagore
The Philosophy of Rabindranath Tagore by K.S. Gupta
Towards Universal Man by Rabindranath Tagore
Rabindranath Tagore: Universality and Tradition by P.C. Hogan & L. Pandit
Toward Universal Religion: Voices of American and Indian Spirituality by D.R. Chandler
Dr. Ambedkar: Life and Mission by D. Keer
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar: Writings and Speeches. Vols.
Hindutva by V.D. Savarkar
Hindu Rashtra Darshan by V.D. Savarkar
Stree-Purush Tulna by Tarabai ShindePandita Ramabai Saraswati: Her life and work by P.S. Sengupta